- This event has passed.
safeTALK – Fort Totten, ND
July 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
Learn how to prevent suicide using the safeTALK training. safeTALK is a basic, 3 hour suicide alertness training. This suicide training prepares anyone over the age of 15 to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
By the end of the training, participants will be better able to:
- Challenge attitudes that inhibit open talk about suicide.
- Recognize a person who might be having thoughts of suicide
- Ask clearly and directly about thoughts of suicide
- Listen to the person’s feelings about suicide to show that they are taken seriously.
- Move quickly to connect them with someone trained in suicide intervention
CEUs: North Dakota Social Work CEUs have been approved as 3 regular and 0 ethics. CEUs are also available for ND Law Enforcement, Nurses and EMS.
The cost for this training is typically $25 per person, but is being offered for free thanks to support from the North Dakota Department of Health.
There are two sessions being offered. The morning sessions is 8:30-11:30AM. The afternoon session is 1:00-4:00PM.Register Here