Tuesday, May 10
8:00 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Workshop
Doublewood Inn, Fargo
Early bird registration ends Friday, April 15th.
Join nonprofit and business leaders for FirstLink’s Community Volunteer Workshop: Collective Exploration into High-Impact Volunteerism.
This hands-on workshop is designed to:
- develop your skills to improve your volunteer program
- enhance your ability to explain the importance of volunteering
- provide you with endless opportunities to network with those who can help strengthen your volunteer efforts
Presenters include: Teresa Lewis, The Growth Coach; Erin Prochnow, YWCA of Cass Clay; Jim Manly, FirstLink; Lauryn Whitmer, YWCA of Cass Clay; and Sheila Borgerding, FirstLink
- Breakout Sessions:
- Using FirstLink to Connect Volunteers with Volunteer Opportunities
- How to Be a ‘GiveBack’ Organization Utilizing Your Time and Talent
- Job Descriptions for High-Impact Volunteers
- General Session with Lunch: Keeping the Passion and Inspiring the Soul
- Round tables:
- Website Dilemmas
- I Need Help!
- Am I Doing Good?
- Volunteers From Hell
- How to Motivate My Co-Workers
- My Red, Blue, and Green Work Hats
- Kudos to the Volunteers
- Keeping the Good; Balancing Work, Family, and Volunteerism
- Interns Are Great, Now What?
- Closing Session: Integrating Dreams and Reality
More information about costs and registration can be found at http://www.myfirstlink.org/volunteer_center_training.shtml or by contacting Sheila at email@example.com.